The owner of a dog that was saved from a terrifying incident, was extremely thankful to her neighbors. Dogs by nature are afraid of the banging sounds of fireworks, and such is the case with a dog that was driven to near death trying to escape from the loud sounds.
The dog’s owner left the unit to buy something from the store, and left the dog in her home, which is located on the fourth floor. She had no idea when she left that she would nearly lose her pet. Luckily, her neighbors on the ground floor saw “Tina” (the dog) hanging from the overhead balcony and sprung into action.
The people on the ground floor immediately acted to save the dog from the imminent fall. They took a big sheet and spread it out underneath where the dog was going to fall and amazingly, they were able to catch her and bring her to safety. In the video shared below, you’ll see the poor dog helplessly hanging on the edge of the balcony and then falling into the sheet.
Jean Carlos Silva Siqueira, the owner of Tina, was shocked when she found out what had happened to her dog while she was away. She was so grateful to the people who saved the life of her fur baby. Jean told the local TV station in an interview that if the neighbors did not act immediately, surely her ShihTzu might be dead.
This is a lesson to all dog owners that it is important to take the necessary precautions to keep your pet safe when there are fireworks going on. Keep in mind that while it is fun for humans, it is quite traumatic and scary for animals.
Another lesson is that you should never leave your pet unsecured when you go out.. Make sure to keep the door and window closed, particularly if you’re living on higher floors of a building. Kudos to the quick thinking Good Samaritans who helped the dog without a second thought.
Watch the video of the rescue below:
Boa tarde… A cachorrinha "Tina" assustada com os fogos de artifício caiu do terceiro andar em Goiânia! Ela é uma Shih-tzu de 11 anos e foi salva pelos vizinhos! Parabéns pela atitude…
Posted by Delegado Waldir on Monday, January 1, 2018
Credits to Delegado Waldir